GUEST BEER EVERY WEEKEND
We love beer...
We are a pub after all. The Pilgrim features some fantastic local ales and craft beers, with a guest beer every weekend. Like us on Facebook to see what we are serving this weekend.
BEER, LAGER & CIDER
XT4 Amber Ale 3.8% abv - Buckinghamshire - £3.30 pint
Chiltern Beechwood Bitter 4.3% abv - Buckinghamshire - £3.70 pint
Guest Ale 3%-6% abv - Changes weekly - £3.60 pint
Saxby's Original Cider (Still) 5% abv - Northamptonshire - £4.00 pint
Pilsner Urquelle 4.4% abv - Czech Republic - £4.40 pint
Kozel Lager 4% abv - Czech Republic - £4.00 pint
Peroni 5.1% abv - Italy - £5.20 pint
Guinness Draught 4.1% abv - Ireland - £4.40 pint
Cotswold Cider 5% abv - Gloucestershire - £4.30 pint
Brewdog Bottles 0.5-9% abv - Ellon - £4.50 330ml Bottle - Currently stocking - Punk IPA, Dead Pony Club, 5am Saint, Nanny State, Jet Black Heart, Santa Paws, Zeitgeist & Vagabond Gluten Free Pale Ale
1.Vinazza Garganega/Pinot Grigio, Veneto, Italy - £4.35 175ml - £16.75 Bottle An exciting trendy blend. Clean and zesty with aromas of fresh apples.
2.The Accomplice Chardonnay, Australia - £4.75 175ml - £17.95 Bottle A wonderfully fresh and tropical wine balanced by a honeyed and nutty character.
3.Santiago Sauvignon, Central Valley, Chile - £4.85 175ml - £18.50 Bottle This classic example is grassy with touches of gooseberry and blackcurrant fruit.
4.Southern Dawn Sauvignon, Marlborough, New Zealand - £6.95 175ml -£23.50 Bottle Focused, zippy and refreshing with lots of varietal aromas, this would match well with some classic goats cheese with aromatic and peppery rocket as a garnish.
5.Albariño, Reveleste, Spain - £25.00 Bottle Aromas of ripe citrus fruit leading to a fresh, crisp palate of lemon zest, fresh lime, stone fruits and notes of flint soil.
6.Pointer Falerio, Saladini Pilastri, Marche, Italy 2015 - £28.00 Bottle Organic, Bio-dynamic .Falerio is the appellation, a little known enclave of The Marche, in the centre of Italy. The producer, Saladini Pilastri, has been making organic wine since 1995 and this example, which includes the rare grape varieties of Passerina and Pecorino, is delightfully lemon oil and fennel-scented, and is crisp, dry, intriguing and compelling.
7.DomaineCherrier, Sancerre Blanc Loire Valley, France -£32.00 Bottle Traditionally made Sancerre at its best with highly minerally fruit and flavours of gooseberry and wet grass.
8. Le Dolci Colline Prosecco, Italy - £5.60 175ml - £23.50 Bottle A delicate, fresh fruity Prosecco which is livelyand really refreshing.
9. Laurent Perrier Brut NV, Champagne, France - £65.00 Bottle Founded in 1812, Laurent Perrier is recognised throughout the world as a classic Champagne House.
10. Hutton Ridge Pinotage Rosé, South Africa - £4.35 175ml -£16.75 Bottle Bright ultra fresh strawberry and cherry fruit shining through on the palate.
11. Les Terrasses Merlot/Grenache, Ardèche, France - £4.35 175ml - £16.75 Bottle Soft style southern French red with good plummy fruit, touches of spice, a good velvety feel and a long finish.
12. Voluta Sangiovese, Veneto, Italy - £4.85 175ml - £18.50 Bottle A smooth and supple wine filled with red and black fruit flavours, very much in the Chianti mould.
13. Navajas Rioja Tinto, Spain - £5.50 175ml - £21.50 Bottle Antonio Navajas has become something of a cult winemaker in Rioja. Based in the town of Navarette, he specialises in making wine that is a cross between the traditional and the modern. This is Rioja at its precocious youthful best.
14. La Linda Malbec, Mendoza, Argentina - £25.00 Bottle Deep and rich with cherry and spice. Well structured wine with balanced use of oak.
15. De Chansac Old Vine Carignan, Pays de l'Hérault, France -£26.50 Bottle Deep coloured with rich brambly fruit, the palate is generous, spicy and soft.. Rich and round with a fine acidity and supple tannins, this wine has a long fruit and smoke filled finish.
16. Félicette Grenache, Pays d'Oc, France, 2014 - £28.00 Bottle Soft, juicy, and named after the first cat to be sent into space! This wine has a medium body, with all the generous fruitiness typical of Grenache Noir. Raspberries, plums and violets fill the palate, and smooth tannins make this wine enjoyable with food or simply by itself.
18. Escarpment The Edge Pinot Noir, Martinborough, New Zealand, 2014 - £39.50 Bottle 100% Martinborough Pinot Noir, grown on the alluvial gravel terraces for which the district has become famous. A fuller bodied style of Pinot, this is rich and textured. Full of a combination of black and red fruits, smokiness and some toasty oak. The finish is long and filled to the brim with vibrant red berry fruits.
19. Château des Combes, St. Emilion Grand Cru, Bordeaux, France, 2012 - £45.00 Bottle A sophisticated wine, with silky fruit flavours of cassis and damson. Complexity is added by notes of baking spice, cedar, and a touch of vanilla. Cellar master Vincent Cachau has crafted a concentrated savoury red aged for 12 months in barrique.
20. Tamar Ridge, Pinot Noir, Tasmania, 2014 £46.00 Bottle A fusion of traditional and modern winemaking techniques produce a finely structured and powerful wine. The 2014 vintage is an elegant and complex expression of Pinot Noir that will continue to reinforce Tasmania’s growing reputation for producing intensely varietal wines.
21. Beaune, Nuiton-Beaunoy, France £49.95 Bottle Beautiful intense colouring with purple nuances. Developed bouquet of blackcurrant and cherry fragrances. This wine possesses a powerful character with a complex and mouth-watering finish.